Working with the Software Architect, the Senior Systems Engineer provides technical leadership and systems engineering management for the Mobile Application product team for the Retail Sales space.
The solutions you help design will be used directly by millions of people in global cities to provide seamless public transit travel experiences.
This role applies systems engineering processes and skills to systematically convert customer needs into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Responsible for systems planning, requirements definition and management, system architecture and design, analyses and trade studies, and oversight and management of hardware/software design including UI/UX, system integration, system level test, and subcontractors. Provides input and support for project risk management activities. This position typically works under general supervision and direction, but incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Although not expected to perform low-level software architecture and component design, this Systems Engineering role requires a strong background in software development methodologies and technologies for Mobile Applications and their integration with Enterprise Back Office systems in order to accurately specify and define the overall system architecture and interfaces to internal and external (sub-)systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide overall technical oversight on Retail Solution aspects of the Product Delivery team
· Design end-to-end system technical features and functional Use Cases that involve complex interactions between the retail application (hosted on business devices) and the Enterprise Back Office systems
· Define, update and control interface specifications such as RESTful/SOAP APIs or Cubic proprietary protocols
· Develop and manage system and subsystem requirements
· Tie requirements to design via system use cases and high-level designs with DOORS and Jira.
· Allocate system requirements to subsystem and oversee development/refinement of lower-level
· Define operational concepts and high-level architectures
· Develop UML/SysML diagrams within Enterprise Architect; activity, sequence, state, component, timing, block diagrams, use cases etc.
· Manage end to end use cases with traceability between various stakeholders
· Perform analyses and trade studies as necessary to aid in the selection of system concepts
· Integrate specialty engineering disciplines into a project team
· Influence hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with requirements and system
· Perform system level test planning and oversee test implementation
· Interface with both internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to engineering, program management, quality, finance, business development, services, sub-contractors, end users and customers.
· Perform technical risk management activities
· Estimate, plan, schedule, and execute systems engineering activities
· Support engineering activities for proposal efforts
· Monitor, mentor, and train less experienced systems engineers