Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for a Junior SQL Server Database Administrator in Columbus, Ohio.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Direct applicants only, no corp-to-corp candidates, third parties, or agencies, please.
This is a right-to-hire position with our client.
This is a junior-level position and is best suited for candidates with 1 to 3 years of experience given the client’s requirements for the role and its current staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- No more than 1-3 years of SQL Server DBA experience.
- Experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experience in High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Knowledge in DB2, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Hadoop and database instances in Azure/AWS would be a plus
- Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL Server Profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
We are hiring a Junior SQL Server Database Administrator to work for us as a direct, W2, full-time salaried or hourly employee while working for our client in a potentially long-term, contract-to-hire infrastructure DBA position. You will work on a team of more experienced DBAs, and your work will complement and support their activities. It is a junior-level position. You will be responsible for maintaining our client’s database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation. You will also:
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor and maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use tools such as SQL Profiler for database tuning.
- Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Implement appropriate indexes (B-Tree, Geospatial, Text) for performance improvement.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
- Analysis and development of enhancements to meet changing user requirements
- Execute change control procedures to ensure all enhancements, upgrades and patches are thoroughly tested and planned before implementation in the production environment
- Maintain all related technical documentation; where applicable, developing and communicating company policies and procedures
- Regularly solicit feedback and Hosted Applications requirements from customers and end-users
We’re growing, and we need great people to grow with us! Simply put, we’re enabled to hire the best. Our Project Delivery, Enterprise Support, Information Security, and Development Services practices are led by DTS consultants who help select our employees and then guide them. What’s in it for you? A collaborative, supportive environment where high standards, quality, and excellence are the norm.
It has an exciting Information Technology market, a reasonable cost of living, a low unemployment rate, and a strong quality of life! It’s the 14th-largest city in the United States and is home to fifteen (15) Fortune 1000 companies which are all very dependent on IT.
By building a clear sense of purpose and strong relationships within Dedicated Tech Services, the staff and leadership team can then aspire to be the technology service provider whose quality services set the standard by which others are measured and that our clients ask for by name.
In addition to the opportunity to work for a caring and supportive company, DTS offers health, vision, and dental insurance, a 401K plan, bonus options, and more! Please visit our web site for more information: https://www.dtsdelivers.com
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer