The Human Resources Business Partner will drive key areas of HR Operations for our east coast offices including addressing and resolving employee relations issues, conducting exit interviews and separations, implementing policy and procedure, ensuring legal compliance, onboarding new talent, driving performance management processes, maintaining HRIS records, and championing our training programs. This role will also collaborate with the Human Resources team to complete major departmental projects.
The Human Resources Business Partner is based out of WE Communication’s NYC office, and will work remotely until our physical offices reopen. This role will be the focal for day-to-day Human Resources needs for our NYC and Boston offices, as well as for WE Codeword.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues in a positive and proactive manner through listening, collecting data, conducting investigations, providing feedback to managers to ensure appropriate follow through, and escalating when necessary
- Ensure compliance with company values, policy/procedures and government laws
- Provide ongoing performance management guidance to managers, advise managers through employee performance issues, corrective action plans and ensure respectful and timely separations for employees who do not meet performance standards
- Ensure excellence in execution of the performance management process through advising managers on annual performance management processes and assisting managers in creating development plans for employees with emphasis on retention of high performers
- Actively participate in and execute company-wide HR initiatives and complete special projects that support company strategies
- Assess existing talent and proactively identify talent needs, issues and solutions
- Champion retention and engagement activities that support the agency including training, internal movement and employee development activities
- Manage the administration of Human Resource policies and procedures and provide interpretation
- Serve as role model, ambassador, and teacher of company values, vision and standards of conduct
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of broad, progressively more complex professional HR experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Teams, OneNote, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Track record of exercising strong judgment and maintaining objectivity and discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to manage high volumes of email, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and working under deadline pressure
- Must be adept at creative problem solving on the fly and thinking on your feet
- Exceptional diplomacy and a proven ability to manage a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to maintain strict company and employee confidentiality
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks.
- Faced passed team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion; ability to travel
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE Communications is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.