About the job:
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) / Multi-Skilled Technician (MST), under the direction of a Registered Nurse, will provide patient care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. This position is key to providing a best-in-class patient experience and plays a vital role in the care of our top priority – our patients.
What you will do:
- Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living, including: bathing/skin care (I & II), grooming, and eating.
- Keep assigned patient rooms stocked, cleaned, and orderly
- Obtain vital signs, including: height, weight, blood glucose levels, and I&O
- Perform EKG and phlebotomy as delegated by Staff RN
- Document patient data accurately and completely
- All other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of EKG and Phlebotomy courses and initial clinical competency course upon hire or transfer
- Completion and maintenance of BLS healthcare provider training
- Experience: Previous patient care experience and/or technical education in health-related field preferred
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.