Do you desire to inspire people with mental illness to reclaim their lives? For over 50 years, Thresholds has provided progressive community mental health treatment aimed at helping individuals define their personal recovery paths and live independent and fulfilling lives. Thresholds is seeking social-justice minded individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills to:
- Provide direct service to clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational support, crisis intervention, and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Teach independent and community living skills.
- Coach around the development of a functional, interpersonal support system.
- Promote the development of problem solving and coping skills.
- Advocate with personal and administrative collaterals including family and significant others, medical care providers, and other agencies such as the SSA, DHS, and CHA.
- Facilitate access to quality and stable housing.
Thresholds offers comprehensive compensation and benefits package; ongoing training and continuing education; opportunities for internal promotion; and clinical supervision for individuals working towards LCSW/LCPC licensure. We are proudly a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top 100 Workplaces"for four consecutive years and a 10 time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" as well as the Most Meaningful place to work in 2016.
Interested candidates should minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field; a Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Rehabilitation Services is preferred.
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective team players.
- Ability to document services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle is required. Must obtain and maintain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 bodily injury and liability insurance. Subject to validation every six months.
- Ability to travel to many locations throughout Chicagoland during the workday.
- May be required to provide transportation for members of the program using a Thresholds provided vehicle or personal vehicle. Must be 23 years of age and must meet all insurance carrier’s requirements. Subject to annual Department of Motor Vehicles license verification.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch and climb stairs. Ability to lift or move up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, grasping and lifting may all be required in this position.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, make fine discriminations in sound.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
Keywords: Case Management, Advocacy, Counseling, Non-profit, Social Worker, Mental Health