Position: Research and Development Chemist (JS-119-19)
Location: Milwaukee, WI Area
Compensation: Salary $80,000+/-Commensurate with Experience plus Annual
Cash Bonus, Profit Sharing & Stock Options
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance and Relocation Assistance
The R & D Chemist is responsible for leading the new product development and modification of existing products as needed to optimize performance, cost, regulatory compliance and material availability.
- If you are looking for a Company that has been established over Sixty Years with 25 facilities.
- Long-term opportunity with growth and advancement including management.
- Have experience with ink formulation in water and solvent based printing inks, knowledge and experience with adhesive and extrusion lamination for the flexible packaging industry.
- Want to be part of an employee owned company with profit sharing, annual bonus and annual stock options, comprehensive benefits including health, vision, dental and life insurance etc.
This position and opportunity may be for you.
- Conduct evaluations and re-formulation of existing products for performance.
- Provide technical reports on projects.
- Evaluation of incoming raw materials as required.
- Operate lab equipment to complete customer related analytical project requests.
- Work with production on process modifications and improvements.
- Establish quality control specifications for new and modified products.
- Work closely with sales regarding project status, requirements, and customer visits
- Evaluation of new, innovative, and cost-effective raw materials on an ongoing basis.
- BS in Chemistry or similar related science discipline
- 5-10 years of experience with a stable work history in the printing ink industry
- Knowledge of Water-based and Solvent-based Flexographic and Gravure Printing.
- Solvent and Water-based ink formulations for Solvent, Solventless, and extrusion lamination for flexible packaging industry a must.
- Chemistry lab experience a must and supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to make presentations to Customers a plus
- Must be detail oriented and skilled in technical report writing (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work with ERP software (Chempax).
- Must be a team player