Position: R & D UV Ink Chemist lll (JS-118-19)
Location: Charlotte, NC Area
Compensation: Salary $70,000+/-Commensurate with Experience plus Annual
Cash Bonus, Profit Sharing & Stock Options
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance and Relocation Assistance
The R & D UV Ink Chemist is responsible for leading the new product development and modification of existing products as needed to optimize performance, cost, regulatory compliance and material availability.
- Conceptualize, formulate, develop and introduce new products based on input from sales, management, and customers. Conduct evaluations and re-formulation of existing products and provide technical reports.
- Work with production on process modifications and improvements.
- Establish quality control specifications for new and modified products.
- Work closely with employees and customers including attending product trials and frequent review of any product performance issues.
- Evaluation of new, innovative, and cost-effective raw materials on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or similar degree
- 3-5 years of experience with a stable work history in the printing ink or industrial coatings field
- Knowledge of Energy Curable Flexo Inks preferred
- LED Printing Ink or Lithographic Ink experience is a plus
- Must be detail oriented and skilled in technical project management
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Great attention to detail, organizational skill, housekeeping skill, precision, multitasking and time management
- Must be motivated, initiative, curious and willing to learn
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Familiar with equipment/instruments to perform ink tests