South Carolina Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Titles Specialist to join our team of outstanding professionals in North Charleston, SC.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review all loan documents received from branches and determine which loans require a payoff, mail payoff to the appropriate Financial Institution daily.
- Maintain a spreadsheet on all loans paid off and follow up on titles not received from other Financial Institutions in a timely manner.
- Accurately process request for a perfected title to be transferred to another state when a member changes residency.
- Identify and enter perfected titles received from the DMV and DNR daily.
- Research outstanding titles processed, as a result of a dealer sale, individual sale or a refinanced loan, not received in the time set forth by the DMV and DNR.
- Review Subsequent Action form for Substitution of Collateral loans and release title to the appropriate dealer.
- Maintain weekly paid loan report and release titles to members daily. Place Closed Flag on accounts as needed.
- Review Title Release forms for accuracy and mail title to designed recipient daily.
- Responsible for tracking new loan volume via the New Loan report on a monthly basis.
- Review titling documents for accuracy, according to DMV and DNR regulations, identify exceptions and notify appropriate FCR or CCR of exceptions via Member Diary.
- Create and maintain the Titles Exception report and forward to Sales & Service and Loan Administration manager monthly.
- Provide Manager with totals for individual sales, used car dealer sales, direct sales, internal refinances, external refinances and the percentages of titles released to dealers, member’s and other financial institutions each month.
- Process titling documentation for members requesting change of ownership on the perfected title.
- Maintain daily spreadsheet to ensure titled loans for SC Dealers are processed properly.
- Maintain Titles Public Page to ensure changes and/or new requirements are communicated.
- Maintain monthly report of paid off titles holding for Loss Prevention and follow up with Loss Prevention Manager for instructions on releasing titles.
- Maintain spreadsheet for refunds from SCDMV owed to member and balance Lien recording fee GL monthly.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Possess minimum of one year of similar or related experience with titles.
- Possess basic computer software knowledge to include application of computer software programs such as Excel, WordPerfect, Electronic Mail, etc.
- Possess basic office skills to include typing, data entry, filing and telephone etiquette.
- Possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills using courtesy and discretion.
- Possess ability to produce work in an effective and efficient manner (i.e., quality and quantity).
- Possess basic mathematical skills.
- Possess knowledge SCDMV and SCDNR regulations and titling procedures on all types of vehicle and watercraft loans.
- Possess knowledge of SCDMV and SCDNR titling requirements for SC Dealers.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, with excellent driving record.
- Possess time management and organizational skills.
NOTE: Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Equal Opportunity Employer