This person will contribute to our success by leading our Public Area Housekeeping team to ensure superior cleanliness and sanitation throughout the property.
The Supervisor is responsible for cleaning and general upkeep of the property while providing leadership to Public Area Housekeeping Team Members. Must ensure Team Members complete assigned tasks to Company standards and in a timely manner. Ensures a high level of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the property including but not limited to the casino floor, buffet and the parking garage. Must have a sharp eye for detail, the ability to prioritize the needs of the department and be able to multitask effectively. Must also be willing to lead by example and work side by side with the team.
- Supervises 2-3 Public Area Housekeeping Department Team Members
- Assist department management with performance management (coaching, discipline, recognition, performance reviews, etc.)
- Maintains regular communication with department management
- Cleans all casino areas including casino floor, buffet and parking garage.
- Duties include but are not limited to scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming and moping.
- Directs team assignments and follows up to ensure completion to Company Standards.
- Cleans and stock casino restrooms.
- Empties trash containers from all areas of the casino property.
- Reports broken items to management or Facilities department.
- Responds to radio calls.
- Assist other departments with cleaning when needed.
- Provide excellent guest service.
QUALIFICATIONS – is considered Education & Experience
- Previous Housekeeping and management experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, approachable and team-orientated.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others and alone.
- Must be able to walk, stand and sit for various amounts of time, perform repetitive motion with hands and arms.
- Must be able to to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands
- Must be able to lift heavy items
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.