The Property Access Specialist/Maintenance Engineer will perform locksmith duties and is responsible for the keying, maintenance and repair of lock systems and manages the key control program. During down time or as needed, this position will assist the facilities department with property maintenance duties.
- Manages the key process by being responsible for new lock system installations, repairs or replacement of broken locking devices and other door hardware and lubricates locks as required.
- Maintains key control systems including computer records, electronic key boxes, makes extra keys, re-key locks and issues keys.
- Gains access to lockout spaces, offices, desks, files and lockers.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, tools and shop.
- Familiarity with safe and efficient use of a variety of locksmith machines and hand tools.
- Utilizes department apprentices to perform tasks and provide them guidance and training
- Conducts on-site checks and inspections of all the rooms’ door lock sets and ensure it is operational.
- Ensures proper check-in and check-out of keys
- Duplication of keys, changing of key cores/cylinders, key cutting, alteration of pins, changing of levers, picking of locks (if necessary)
- Installation of all kinds of locks as well as high security locks
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as require
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- ITE Certificate or GCE “O” Level Certificate preferred
- Minimum one to three years’ experience as locksmith preferably in hospitality industry or commercial buildings
- Familiar with a variety of locksmith concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience in using a variety of locksmith tools and equipment
- Friendly and courteous
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- General maintenance knowledge and experience
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.