Staff Electrical Debug Engineer for NPI
Infinera is the global supplier of innovative networking solutions. Our customers include the leading service providers, data center operators, internet content providers (ICPs), cable operators, enterprises, and government agencies worldwide, including 9 of the top 10 Tier 1 service providers and 6 of the top 7 ICPs. We design, develop and deliver hardware and software for fiber-based connectivity solutions that span access, aggregation, metro, long haul, and submarine network. Our industry-leading, trendsetting edge-to-core solutions provide the foundation for many of the world’s largest and most demanding networks that generate billions in service revenue for our customers.
Responsible for Debugging Electrical / Optical Line Cards for Infinera New Product Introduction (NPI) located in Allentown, PA
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Electrical Debug of a complex PCBA based product.
- FMA of Electrical / Optical hardware in an NPI environment
- Provides production support through the release process and provides support for Continuous Improvement Projects of quality, cost reduction, and performance enhancements.
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring-up, and design validation.
- Experience with database queries and statistical analysis.
- Process Improvement / Engineering
- Create product troubleshooting guides.
- Support failure analysis and root cause identification and corrective action implementation of components, sub-systems and field failures.
Education / Experience
- MS in Engineering (Electrical, or other technical degrees will be considered).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience debugging electrical circuits.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Experience working in a Pilot Line or NPI environment, providing feedback to engineering.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Passion to learn.
- Experience in Opto / Optical environment a plus!