HOMER has a newly created opportunity for a Junior Product Designer to join our growing team! This role will report into our New York City office.
HOMER’s mission is to provide the best educational start possible by offering personalized, fun, and proven learning products for children ages 2-8. Your role as Jr. Product Designer will be integral in creating and improving HOMER’s visual design and user experience. You will have an immediate and visible impact on product initiatives that touch the lives of children, parents and teachers across the globe.
- Support the HOMER product roadmap and overarching brand vision through design across multiple platforms, including mobile and web.
- Conceptualize intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices
- Rapidly create user experience artifacts including functional specs, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, prototypes, and low-fidelity sketches
- Iterate on design solutions based on feedback, research and test results.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to ensure product designs are executed to spec
- Demonstrate the ability to design for different audiences within and across multiple products under one brand.
- Collaborate with user research to conduct both qualitative and quantitative studies (field observations, customer interviews, play testing/usability studies and surveys)
- Contribute to conversations around the best practices and processes for a product design function.
- Actively contribute to a culture of curiosity, experimentation and collaboration on the team.
- 2+ yrs of professional experience as a product designer in a consumer product company
- A portfolio that demonstrates your experience designing for a range of audiences across platforms and devices.
- Ability to discuss your design rationale and approach
- A strong design sense that values usability, simplicity and consistency
- Experience in the following tools / programs: Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced prototyping skills (Invision, Figma, Proto.io)
- A passion for our company mission of providing kids the best educational start possible
- Experience in designing children’s media / product or games
- Experience in designing for different audiences within and across multiple products under one brand
- Experience in designing purchase flows and conversion funnels
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, UI Design, or a related field
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.