HOMER has a newly created opportunity for a Business Strategy Analyst to join our growing team! This role will report into our New York office.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
Reporting into our VP, Business Strategy and Insights, the Business Strategy Analyst will be responsible for three main areas - managing the early M&A pipeline, managing the delivery of critical information into the company's strategic decision making processes and developing an in-depth understanding of our competitive landscape
- Research and track potential M&A targets through the early phases of our acquisition pipeline. Effectively communicate internally and externally to ensure all stakeholders have the right information at the right time.
- Manage the gathering and delivery of critical information in support of the companies ongoing strategic decision making processes. Be flexible and resourceful in leveraging knowledge bases and perceptive in understanding the level of detail required.
- Build internal communication and context around strategic inputs and ensure an objective understanding of stakeholders concerns and needs.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape. Be prepared to report findings to the executive team on a regular basis.
- Plan market research that informs strategic decision making within the company. This includes (but is not limited to): Market Size and structure, use of and attitudes to products or services, customer satisfaction and loyalty, messaging effectiveness, brand impact, pricing effectiveness, attitudes to new concepts and segmentation.
- Create briefs for each research project that clearly sets out objectives, background information, reporting requirements and timing.
- Build strong relationships cross-functionally, winning the trust and support of your colleagues through articulate, transparent and concise communication of the goals, outcomes and impacts to the organisation.
- 3-5 years experience in relevant fields
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters preferred.
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision.
- Confident and positive, high-energy, capable of easily interacting with senior management.
- Flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required.
- Critical skills:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership and management skills
- An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques
- Experience in high quality desk research
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.