As a Senior Product Designer at WebPT, you will design, prototype, and iterate on key features and user workflows. The ideal candidate is creative, passionate about usability, and has an eye for visual consistency. Overall, you have a knack for reducing the complexity of a design down to what's most impactful for our members. In this role, you will help define the evolution of our products from a UX and visual design perspective. You will act as the member's advocate from feature conception through execution and launch.
Being successful in this role will require strong communication and collaboration skills. You will work within a cross functional team to ensure we deliver a best in class experience for our members.
If you want to join a fast growing company, be a part of our design team, and work on a product that provides real value to people, this is the job for you.
- Partners with design, product management, and engineering team members to develop and refine product requirements.
- Works collaboratively to create smart, user centered, innovative solutions for a web based SaaS software.
- Develops relevant UX strategies and designs, by collecting business needs from one or more stakeholders, while considering end user needs.
- Works closely with design and product team members to develop wireframes, visual mockups, and design prototypes.
- Works in collaboration with marketing/brand designers, product, and engineering teams to maintain and enhance existing design system, user experience patterns, and graphic elements library.
- Partners with product team members, and conducts user research to better understand the user, and test the usability of features and conceptual designs.
- Works closely with engineers to evolve and expand our design system across platforms, understanding the possibilities and limitations of each.
- Conducts research to better understand our users, and tests the usability of features and conceptual designs.
- Uses research related services, theories, and methods to support your recommendations.
- Develops wireframes, behavioral specifications, and collaborates with the entire product team.
- Designs elegant solutions to complex workflows and iterates on those designs, as needed.
- Participates in all project phases; product discovery, writing user stories, concept iterations, reiterating existing flows when needed, etc.
- Delivers concepts and designs according to strict project deadlines.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and compliance adhering to all HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of user-centered design principles and modern UI/UX patterns.
- May have experience working on all project phases from strategy, to conceptual thinking, to visual design.
- Self driven and autonomous, but works well collaboratively within, and across teams.
- May have experience crafting A/B testing strategies and implementing analytics funnels.
- Knowledge or experience with mobile and web design standards and technologies (iOS, Android, Windows 8, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, etc.).
- Willingness to bend and collaborate when development constraints are met.
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at varying levels of fidelity.
- Self motivated; able to organize and manage multiple tasks and projects with supervision equivalent to level of experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite of products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Xd), Omnigraffle, Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Framer X or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Is able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple complex projects.
- Is hungry for knowledge. There’s a lot to learn when it comes to electronic medical records, the basic operations of physical therapy clinics, and the wants and needs of our Member base. We want you to become an expert on these things. That way, you can expertly craft our user experience.
Education and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of product design experience, OR relevant domain experience and a design background.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, OR equivalent experience.
- Experience with cloud based solutions (SaaS) is a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus
- Background and/or understanding of the physical therapy industry is a plus
Additional Aspects of the job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.