The Shared Financial Services for Performance Food Group has a new opportunity for a Staff Accountant II, Blackline Specialist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for expanding our use of the Blackline accounting tool; leading the project; providing guidance to accounting staff with best practices related to performing reconciliations, analyzing and verifying financial information and creating standard processes for operating companies across the nation.
Major Functional Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Prepare and/or review detailed journal entries for month-end close.
- Review financial statements to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Research and investigate financial variances for monthly fluctuation analysis and SOX controls.
- Perform moderately complex accounting reconciliations and balance sheet trend analysis.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines. Maintain and/or lead established moderately complex accounting projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Demonstrated analytical and computer skills.
- 4-6 years’ experience in general accounting with thorough understanding of GAAP, excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in an ever-changing environment; self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as in a team environment; ability to analyze financial information.
- Ability to navigate multiple systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control environment. Proficiency with Blackline and exposure to Inventory Management system or exposure to other major ERP applications. Experience with project leadership. Awareness of SOX requirements and compliance with key controls related to accounting duties.
- Ability to provide input in process improvement projects.
- Certified public accountant (CPA) and/or Master of Business Administration.