Sales Representative - Business Development Role
The Sales Representative is responsible for developing a sales strategy and pipeline in an effort to sell consulting engineering professional services offerings by Dynamix Engineering (DEL) and Veregy. The Sales Representative will focus initially on the K-12, Higher Education, Municipal, and Healthcare markets, while analyzing these markets, the competition, and the Company’s strengths and weaknesses.
The Sales Representative role will be responsible for:
- Developing new business contacts with a strategy for closing on opportunities. Technical support shall be provided by the DEL staff to assist in the proposal and closing stage.
- Leveraging existing DEL relationships to gain new business.
- Identify and attend industry and client focused conferences and events as necessary.
- Assisting with development of market strategies and preparation of competitive analysis and vertical market and horizontal business development strategies.
- Analyzing the potential of specific potential clients and project opportunities while considering changing market conditions.
- Partnering with internal and external resources to ensure sales deliverables meet timelines and requirements.
- Collaborating with Engineering and Operations in planning and executing presentations.
- Utilize Sales Force CRM and other tools to track and document sales opportunities utilizing company standard processes.
- Providing support to the customer with regards to project scoping and contracting issues.
- Acting as the client’s single point of contact during the initial sales cycle and facilitating handoffs to other DEL staff as needed.
- Producing accurate estimates (with support from technical team), assembling quality proposals and demonstrating good written communication skills utilizing company guidelines and proposal templates.
- Delivering a solid pipeline that will deliver $5m+ in line new revenue in each fiscal year.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Report pipeline status (including sales initiatives from prospecting through job turnover) to manager weekly and as necessary, using the Sales Force CRM System, as well as direct communication. Sales Force CRM and other systems will be maintained through all phases of the sales process so that an accurate sales funnel is maintained.
- Attend team meetings and meet with managers to review potential opportunities on a weekly basis and as needed.
- Participate in a discussion to determine if and when engineering resources are required and assist in the completion of a Go-No-Go Analysis.
- Communicate with manager and strategize for additional business development and marketing needs
- Assist in the development of a strategy to close
- Conduct preliminary walkthrough with the appropriate team members
- Secure partnering agreements for RFQ opportunities
- Assist in producing RFQ/P responses as applicable
- Prepare for customer meetings and interviews and assist in preparing the interview teams for resulting interviews
- Where applicable, secure a Letter of Intent (LOI) or partnering agreement
- Work with managers to compete negotiations
- Participate in project turnover with operations teams
- Maintain ongoing relationship with clients
- Attend team meetings to monitor/review project sales strategy and assure all project estimates are accurate
- Schedule and attend debrief meetings with clients to collect data to inform future pursuits
The position shall report directly to the Marketing Manager. The position will also coordinate with other Veregy sales leaders for sales strategies, unique solutions, and support of the Veregy Companies.
Compensation & Benefits for Full-Time Positions
Dynamix offers a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes:
- 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- 10 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Flexible work schedules with core hours and half day Fridays
- 4 Medical plan choices including - HSA-eligible plan option costing employees under $55 for Annual Single and under $155 for Annual Family coverage.
- Basic and Enhanced dental options and vision benefits
- HSA with Employer Match
- Disability and basic life insurance / Optional supplemental life insurance for employee and dependents
- Immediate Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A generously funded Social Committee that regularly schedules social activities for employees
- Reimbursement of dues for recognized professional organizations in industry or related fields, certifications and job-related professional developmentInterested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dynamix is an Equal Opportunity employer and gives consideration to all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities, please email email@example.com.