Cardinal Health – Inside Sales Representative
What Inside Sales contributes to Cardinal Health:
Inside Sales Services is responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction. Focus on driving increased sales to achieve the goals and objectives identified by Cardinal Health and the customer. This role is identified as Cardinal Health’s Generic Pharmaceutical Inside sales team for Retail Independent Pharmacies. Inside Sales Representatives are accountable for driving Pharmaceutical generic product sales to an assigned group of Independent pharmacies. You will create new partnerships and strengthen relationships with the current customer base.
Accountabilities in this role
- Call on current and potential pharmacies in an assigned geographical area, for the purpose of converting new business, maintaining current customers and growing markets share.
- Form long standing customer relationships with Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Convert existing and potential customers' use of targeted products and ensure sustained and expanded sales of these products.
- Identify market intelligence on competitive activity, communicate to appropriate internal resources in a timely manner; develop and implement sales plans to meet business goals.
- Create and maintain real-time database of market intelligence and sales activity utilizing automated customer relationship and sales management system.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and works effectively with other team members to ensure the goals and objectives of the organization are met.
- Participate in projects and other initiatives inside and/or outside of the assigned area, department or business unit, as needed.
- Achieve assigned sales goals and customer contact frequency
- Demonstrate positive interactions with customers and team members
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Adhere to the core values of the company
- Work under moderate supervision
What is expected of you for success in this role?
- Ability to work M-F: 11:30 AM -8 PM
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, challenges, reimbursement and demonstrates basic knowledge of customers’ unique business needs related to Cardinal Health offerings; demonstrates working knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings match with a customers' unique business needs
- Initiate introductory customer calls with the objective of developing a long-term business relationship
- Maximize customer relationships through timely routine contact with both new and existing customers
- Initiate and take ownership of principles of territory management, including: account planning, selling processes, post-sales implementation processes, deal economics
- Effectively negotiate and collaborate with customers and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Consult with supervisor or senior peers on complex and unusual problems
- Functional knowledge of current applicable computer operating systems, and computer software/hardware processes and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Strong process management, customer service, and communication skills
- 1-2 years proven outside or inside sales experience
- Self-motivated to achieve goals