Village Health Clubs and Spas is looking for a Cook to join our winning team!
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Responsible for the entire kitchen and for preparation of all foods served in the cafe. Is responsible for upholding State health code procedures and practices, ensuring kitchen is kept clean and orderly. Ensures the quality of every item that comes out of the cafe.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Keeps pars prepared according to the Daily Prep List and par set forth by the Café Manager.
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
• Responsible for paying close attention to “First-in-first-out” product rotation.
• Performs inventory monthly, and as needed.
• Maintains stockroom and dry storage.
• Performs regular, timely, and accurate food orders paying close attention to correct pars and food costing.
• Ensures that all food is prepared with efficiency and quality and according to Café standards.
• Keeps temperature log on all refrigeration equipment.
• Keeps the kitchen clean and free of clutter at all times. This includes the floors, storage areas, preparation areas, and reach-ins, walk-ins, freezers and dish area.
• Cleans and monitors all equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Cleans all dishes and small wares that are used during the day.
• Performs daily and weekly side work according to schedule.
• Maintains an open line of communication to the manager to ensure the kitchen is running smoothly, and with the front staff to ensure that the guests are being served accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provides guests with the utmost in efficiency and friendliness
• Ensure the guest is the highest priority in the café.
• Current food handler’s card issued by Maricopa County and abides by all health department regulations.
• Food preparation/cooking experience a plus
• CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Knowledge of all State restaurant health codes
• Must be reliable and punctual