This role is responsible for handling administrative responsibilities for LAFH’s Programs teams. Program Assistant duties and responsibilities involve providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office, including but not limited to: preparing reports; supporting managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication; and being responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. This role should be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, and have an ability to effectively communicate via phone and email, ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. This position requires a high level of technological proficiency, organizational efficiency, and a willingness to be a member of a team. Multi-tasking while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The Program Assistant should be resourceful, a good problem solver, and organized.
· General office management
· Track and submit reimbursements and payment requests to Finance
· Assist with audit preparation as needed
· Provide quality customer service to guests, and respond to questions and requests for information
· General reception tasks, including answering and directing phone calls, relaying messages when necessary
· Organize and schedule appointments and meetings as requested
· Generate email, correspondence memos, letters, and faxes
· Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports as needed
· Support staff with meeting preparation
· Maintain program office supplies and order additional supplies as needed
· Additional tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Fluent in English required; fluent in Spanish preferred
· Typing, numeric keypad, and computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills
· Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
· Team player with customer service orientation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PAYROLL STATUS: Hourly
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations Employee is required to:
Walk and climb stairs; Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment; Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas, information by means of the spoken and written word; Be mobile by moving oneself from place to place quickly and easily; Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers; Be able to have visual activity for (including, but not limited to) administrative and clerical tasks; Drive personal vehicle in and around Los Angeles County and periodically transport clients; Be able to enter various buildings that may require climbing stairs. Be subjected to outside environmental conditions. Use a personal and/or laptop computer, copy, postage and fax machines. Complete all required forms in personal writing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you require an accommodation, please make sure to inform the Human Resources Department by the first week of employment. If an accommodation is not required at the time of employment, but is later required, you must inform the Human Resources Department of the need for accommodation at the time it is needed.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 12 Observed Holidays.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
LAFH is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE
LAFH is in compliance with the Fair Chance Initiative for hiring and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.