PLEASE APPLY AS INSTRUCTED AT THE END OF THIS POSTING
This is a rare opportunity to join an established and growing team in San Diego that delivers mission critical technology solutions to world class media industry customers. We foster a fun, start-up atmosphere where you can take on new challenges every day.
Join our exciting and rapidly growing team. The role will play a key part in expanding and supporting the IT environment so that Vigor can do what it does best: build a world-class media and content management company.
As the IT Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The administration, management, and maintenance of company-wide IT infrastructure
- Providing high level support to staff, both onsite and remote
- Participation in and/or leading internal, departmental and enterprise-wide projects
- Managing and maintaining communications with vendors and third-party solutions providers
Additionally, you will:
- Provide computer, software and telecom technical support to company team members as Vigor’s first point of contact. Troubleshoot problems and questions
- Follow up with employees to ensure issues have been resolved
- Be responsible for proper maintenance and support of hardware, software, and network infrastructure
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Interface with and manage vendor accounts
- Maintain documentation and manage software and licensing
- Participate in the planning, installation and implementation of equipment and software
- Maintain system back up procedures and participate in disaster recovery planning
- Maintain IT Policies and Procedures; knowledge of ISO27001 requirements preferred
- Work with department heads as needed on IT-related projects, serving as key participant, implementor, and lead of various department projects, such as:
- ERP/QMS/CRM Systems
- Communication Tools (Outlook Teams, Android and iOS devices)
- File Sharing Platform
The essential skills for this position:
- Azure AD
- Cisco firewall
- Networking (LAN, VLAN, WAN)
Other skills you'll need for success:
- PC/Mac & Hardware knowledge
- Microsoft Windows Server using Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Virtualization & Hypervisors
- SSO integrations
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP & other network protocols
- Office365, Cloud Applications
- Project Management
- Software validation and/or testing
- A minimum of 2 years Information Technology or Computer Science education. A Bachelors’ in Computer Science is preferred
- 6 years of small to midsized business IT Management Experience
- The ability to plan, organize, and document complex systems while complying with current policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills; customer service oriented
- Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance to work along with the staff in the effective development of the information systems.
As a part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The energy of a startup with the strategic reach of a successful global business
- Incredible opportunity to create solutions for some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary group of smart, inspired, fun and driven individuals
- Comprehensive health benefits, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Generous vacation and flexible working schedule
- Catered meals twice a week, a limitless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- Sitting for extended periods of time; Standing, Reaching
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assignment to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
with all of the following:
- Respond with the subject line: “I want to work for you as the IT Manager” and note where you saw our ad.
- Include a resume.
- Please describe a recent infrastructure change project you completed, including a few of the steps you performed to validate the that the solution functioned as intended.
- Write another paragraph telling us something interesting about yourself.