AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Sr. Research Scientist-Analytical Development is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by supporting the manufacturing department and external customers. The routine functions of the laboratory are testing of raw materials, in-process, end product, and stability samples. The department also performs particulate testing and tests plant water for production.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as an effective Project Leader on multiple projects simultaneously and tracks the progress of the project so that it remains on-time and within expected budgets.
- Develops expertise in the drug development process, the internal steps necessary to manufacture API at this site, as well as the theoretical and practical aspects of general analytical chemistry.
- Implements work plans; conducts performance reviews with the assistance of a higher-level manager. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Manage workload and time to perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Develop efficient, selective analytical procedures for assigned compounds. Process samples with developed method in an efficient manner.
- Possess laboratory skills that allow for the methods development and processing of samples of materials that are difficult to handle or analyze. Possess the accumulated knowledge to approach such materials efficiently and safely.
- This position may have supervisory duties.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, or other applicable natural science field OR; Master’s degree and three years of relevant experience OR; Bachelor’s and five years of relevant experience.
- Chemical Hygiene training
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.