AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist I, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by demonstrating aptitude in a wide range of in vitro biochemical assays, sample processing, bioanalysis and analytical tools. Another key role of the scientist is to perform operations which aid in maximizing the research productivity of the laboratory staff. Day to day functions include maintaining laboratories, cleaning glassware, ordering and stocking supplies, as well as waste disposal.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role you will:
- Conduct routine in vitro DMPK assays in an accurate and efficient manner, including incubations, sample processing, analysis, calculation of results, and reporting.
- Assist other scientists in performing in vitro DMPK and bioanalytical assays to support internal and external projects, and be able to work in a group environment.
- Prepare solvents, buffers, and stock solutions of compounds and substrates under the supervision of other scientists.
- Submit complete, documented, and legible reports of testing. Ensure that data is properly filed and accessible for review in accordance with appropriate SOP’s.
- Maintain the laboratory and laboratory instruments and equipment in a clean, organized, and orderly manner. Responsible for washing, cleaning, drying, and putting away glassware in pre-assigned locations as directed by the scientific staff.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Follow requirements regarding chemical and biological disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as all appropriate SOP’s.
- Organize work time so that multiple activities run concurrently. Use time efficiently to accomplish immediate task and perform other needed activities. Manage workload and time to perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctorate Degree with major in analytical science or equivalent relevant industrial experience
- HPLC or mass spectrometry experience is preferred
- Biochemistry or cell culture experience is preferred
- Exposure to a laboratory environment
- Chemical hazard training
- Computer training in the use of standard office software applications and databases
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.