AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist III, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by demonstrating expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of mass spectrometry, to apply this expertise to the tasks assigned, and to develop novel assays and analytical services as needed. Effective communication and multitasking skills, and the ability to deliver independent results within a team environment are all integral to this position.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role you will:
- Provide specific technical expertise to execute research projects in the areas of DMPK and bioanalysis.
- Particular focus on bench execution of DMPK assays with ability to cross train on additional assays as needed.
- Apply a wide range of analytical techniques to analyze and characterize results of DMPK assays. Develop and maintain working knowledge of commonly used spectroscopic and chromatographic procedures with particular focus on LC/MS. Develop and establish novel assays and analytical methods to meet the growing needs of the market in order to expand the services available for research projects.
- Advise and/or train other DMPK scientists for the efficient conduct of ADME assays.
- Help monitor the latest developments in specific areas of technical responsibility, and recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of research services.
- Process and analyze samples efficiently and under minimal supervision. Review experimental data for validity before reporting results.
- Submit complete, documented, and legible reports of testing. Ensure that data are properly filed and accessible for review in accordance with appropriate SOP’s.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Science, Chemistry or a related field with 5-10 years’ experience, or higher Degree (Master’s or Doctorate) with 3-8 years of experience in an ADME, bioanalytical, or DMPK lab.
- Hands on experience in mass spectrometry, bioanalytical methods development (and validation), in vitro ADME and PK/PD techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.