Westmoor Mfg. Co. is looking for an Assistant Apparel Designer fresh out of college. This is an entry-level position and located in Fort Worth, TX.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
· Fabric development – Prints, yarn-dyes, knits, and wovens
· Creating fabric request boards for factories
· Evaluating hand-looms, strike-offs, and lab dips from factories
· Communicating with factories over sample fabric, construction, and garment fit
· Tracking receipt of samples
· Creating technical sketches for garments
· Creating tech packs for all styles
· Preparing samples for photo shoots and line release
· Selecting and editing photos for sales cards
· Creating line book with photos and sales information for all styles inline
· Organizing sample lines
· Assist with presentation of the line to sales force during quarterly line release meetings
· Coordinating sample fittings
· Maintaining workflow for the current season in development and previous seasons in mass production
· Degree in applicable field
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Outlook, and Excel
· Eagerness to learn
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
· Previous experience in apparel design preferred, but not required
· Portfolio a must
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
• Paid holidays and vacation.
• Company clothing allowance perks.
Please include a resume and portfolio when applying.
**This is not a remote position**