The Child and Family Guidance Center provides comprehensive and collaborative outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and their families throughout the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
We are seeking a full-time School Based Coordinator for our Palmdale site. This position will be primarily responsible for the oversight and supervision of the School Services Therapists and the co-supervision of the School Based Case Manager to ensure that quality services are being provided to the school based clients.
Who We Are and What We Believe In:
It is our hope that you look to the Child and Family Guidance Center as your “Employer of Choice”. We've been a leader in the community for more than 50 years and we welcome you to join our team of 400 dedicated mental health and administrative professionals in our journey to bring better health and well-being to our communities in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Great benefits
- Great learning opportunities
- Great supervision
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- An established, reputable, stable company
We envision a workplace where:
- everyone is treated with dignity and respect;
- commitment, accountability and leadership exist at all levels;
- everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, hopes, concerns and aspirations;
- we share in a culture of inclusion and transparency;
- we are committed to our own professional growth with openness and humility;
- we inspire and encourage one another through positive, future-focused coaching;
- we are committed to quality services and sound business practices;
- we are one interconnected team committed to achieving CFGC’s mission.
One Team … One Goal
The Child and Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all.
Come Join Our Team!!!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides ongoing clinical supervision (both formal and informal) to the School Based Clinicians.
- Provides orientation, training and ongoing support to school based therapists and case manager.
- Ensures that crisis management protocols are follower by school personnel and CFGC Staff.
- Ensures that schools meet the minimum requirements to receive and maintain school based services on campus and supports schools to help meet these requirements.
- Works with the School Based Case Manager to manage the case flow process, staff openings and referrals in collaboration with the Admissions Coordinator and school personnel.
- Develops and maintains relationships with assigned schools, including initial, mid-year and end of the year reviews at each school in collaboration with the school Services Case Manager.
- Carries a small caseload and conducts intakes as needed and is responsible for the case documentation according to agency guidelines.
- In the absence of the School Services Manager, handles emergencies and other urgent matters to endure the smooth operation of the program.
Skills You Need:
- Strong Assessment and clinical judgment skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of evidence based child and family clinical interventions relevant to families served in community mental health settings.
- Must have supervisory experience and the ability to give clear direction to supervisees.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities and use time effectively.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must strive to continuously build knowledge and share expertise.
- Must have a good attendance record in addition to being punctual by consistently being on time to work, meetings and appointments.
- FSLA Status: exempt
- 40 Hours Monday – Friday (May require evenings to accommodate client or school even schedules)
- Work schedule is based on the needs of the Center