The Child and Family Guidance Center provides comprehensive and collaborative outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and their families throughout the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
We are seeking a full-time Clinical Therapist for our Full Service Partnership (FSP) Program, at our Palmdale site, to provide Intensive in-home/community based services to high risk youth and their families.
Who We Are and What We Believe In:
It is our hope that you look to the Child and Family Guidance Center as your “Employer of Choice”. We've been a leader in the community for more than 50 years and we welcome you to join our team of 400 dedicated mental health and administrative professionals in our journey to bring better health and well-being to our communities in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Great benefits
- Great learning opportunities
- Great supervision
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- An established, reputable, stable company
We envision a workplace where:
- everyone is treated with dignity and respect;
- commitment, accountability and leadership exist at all levels;
- everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, hopes, concerns and aspirations;
- we share in a culture of inclusion and transparency;
- we are committed to our own professional growth with openness and humility;
- we inspire and encourage one another through positive, future-focused coaching;
- we are committed to quality services and sound business practices;
- we are one interconnected team committed to achieving CFGC’s mission.
One Team … One Goal
The Child and Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all.
Come Join Our Team!!!
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts intakes, provides individual, group and family therapy services in office and community and school based settings. Service includes initial clinical assessments, diagnosis, clinical treatment planning and implementation, referral and termination.
- Provides the majority of mental health services in the home, school and/or other community based settings.
- Engages primary caregiver and other family members in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Handles emergencies as needed, including outside of normal work hours ( 24/7 On Call)
- Collaborates with the Department of Mental Health liaisons and other outside agencies in establishing the Full Service Partnership program established by DMH.
- Collaborates and consults with school personnel, DMH, DCFS, DPS and any other service agencies as needed.
- Maintains clinical charts and completes program paperwork.
Skills You Need:
- Experience working with emotionally disturbed children/ adolescents.
- Strong assessment and clinical judgment skills.
- Knowledge of evidence-based child and family interventions relevant to families served in the community mental health settings.
- Ability to develop reasonable, appropriate treatment plans and clinical programs to meet the needs of the clients.
- FSLA Status: exempt
- 40 Hours (Full Time) Hours may vary in order to accommodate clients.
- Must be on Call 24/7 for clients.
- Work schedule is based on the needs of the Center
- D/Psy.D., MSW degree or MA/MS degree with an emphasis on marriage and family therapy.
- Must be eligible to register with the Board of Psychology or Board of Behavioral Sciences.