The Program Manager serves as a team leader providing administrative and clinical supervision to program staff as well as overseeing day-to-day operations of the program. The Program Manager ensures the delivery of quality care in accordance to the rules and regulations established as well as adhering to the mission of St. Joseph Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager’s key areas of responsibility include:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision to all program/department staff
- Oversee service delivery, consulting regularly with the Director regarding quality control issues to maintain the highest standard of services
- Along with the Director, manage program activities assure timely completion of progress notes and all forms related to the program(s)
- May provide assessment, crisis intervention, mental health and case management services to a small caseload of consumers
- Collect statistics and prepare reports for funders and internal agency use
- Coordinate the development of cooperative relationships with other service providers, police and public safety officers and/or any other community resources
- Participate in other St. Joseph Center community, administrative, and fundraising activities as necessary
- Participate in appropriate contract related meetings
- Monitor weekly and monthly staff productivity
- Along with the Director, develop, review, and revise, as necessary all administrative policies and procedures in keeping with program requirements
- Along with the Director, create a program budget and monitor spending during the fiscal year
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Licensure as an LMFT or LCSW in the state of California
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including clients, community, and other staff. Must have excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and supervise professional and para-professional staff while handling multiple tasks and relating to diverse groups.
- Ability to manage and supervise professional and para-professional staff while handling multiple tasks and relating to diverse populations
- Ability to handle computer applications including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to handle electronic health records and other client databases
- Current CDL required and clear DMV report required
- Two years minimum management and supervisory experience
- Preferred experience providing mental health and substance abuse services in a community setting; experience working with the mentally ill/dually diagnosed population; para-professional and administrative staff
- Experience providing case management, mental health and substance use services in a community setting with homeless or at risk population
- Degree from an accredited college or university in social work, human services or a related field
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers
- Ability to use variations electronic health records and other various databases
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions
- Valid automobile liability insurance.
- Travel to meetings at multiple St. Joseph Center sites and at community partner locations as needed.