The Front End Web Development Instructor serves as a team member with Codetalk staff ensuring the delivery of quality vocational training as well as adhering to the mission of St. Joseph Center. If you are passionate about empowering people and wish to contribute in a meaningful way with your skill set and tech experience and you are willing to challenge yourself:
Join a vibrant, dynamic and supportive team dedicated to changing the trajectories of low income, underemployed and underserved women through education in front end web development, and job placement in the technology sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Codetalk team to support and deliver classroom instruction and project work.
- Help to maintain and enhance program curriculum, project work, student assignments, and program materials.
- Instruct class modules and provide support to students during instruction. Assist students during class and lab time in understanding work, completing projects and meeting requirements.
- Produce and maintain program documentation, student progress logs, lesson plans, new assignments, quizzes and tests where required.
- Monitor student progress, including attendance, academic record and progress and have periodic individual student meetings. Grade and report on student work.
- Be available to students to answer questions during breaks and during daily lab time. You must be able to work with students of varying skill level and be sensitive to the barriers students may face to their progress.
- Support and contribute to Codetalk projects, supporting project development and providing project management support. Some project management, website development work may be assigned.
- Lend support and assistance to the Codetalk graduates, communicate and support grads and members of the alumnae networks.
- Be prepared to grow and learn in your role. You must have excellent communication skills and value working as an integral part of a passionate team.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A high degree of technical ability, including professional web development experience.
- Ability to relay information in a manner that provides a positive learning experience, distilling complex topics clearly and instilling a passion for the profession.
- Administrative and organizational skills adequate to build on course materials and curriculum.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work with student vulnerabilities, helping individuals patiently through difficulties in grasping material with concern & sensitivity toward the individual’s needs and learning styles.
- Must be highly motivated, passionate about the mission, and a self-starter.
- Must have the ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including students, community, and other staff.
- Must be adept at learning new technologies quickly and able to explain key concepts.
- The position requires an ability to work flexible hours including occasional early mornings or evenings.
- Willingness and flexibility to work with patience in a trauma informed environment to ensure dissemination of the curriculum and success of all students in the program.
- Ability to quickly build prototypes for new projects and coursework.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of front end web development experience, in a digital or engineering department.
- Professional experience preferred over freelance.
- Degree from accredited college or university OR 3-5 years of professional Front End Web Development experience.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Front End Web Development technologies and tools. Unix & MacOS.
- Proficiency with Windows, and MS Office Suites.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.