The administrative assistant works as a team member with several social service professional and paraprofessional staff performing administrative duties and provides support to program staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant’s key areas of responsibility and duties include:
- Perform administrative duties and provide support to program manager
- Provide general program support to program staff, as directed by supervisor
- Perform clerical duties to include but are not limited to computer tasks, faxing, mailing, filing, and copying
- Assist in the organization of client files
- Arranges conference calls and meetings, and notifying all appropriate parties
- Assists in the coordination and set-up of scheduled meetings
- Create and modify Word/Excel documents as directed
- Performs data entry related tasks
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including clients, community, and other staff. Must have excellent organizational skills and the capability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while producing high quality work
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with various personalities, displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Meticulous organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and exceptional phone presence with the ability to view the calendar from the executive director’s perspective
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.