As a full stack engineer at GoGuardian, you’ll help build, optimize and maintain our infrastructure and applications that support millions of students and educators every day. You will work on production code and build rich feature sets that support the complex problems in education. You’ll be a key member of our engineering team, helping to embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration.
GoGuardian is transforming education. We dream of a world in which students can leverage the power of the internet and their own curiosity while staying focused and safe from harmful content on their school-issued devices. We're building applications to do just that. Our products allow school administrators to create freedom within boundaries by setting rules around access, teachers to guide students through online content and collaboration, and school counselors to find and help students in need. But that's just the beginning, we need you to help us with what's next.
- Eagerness to have an impact on education and a mindset that embodies putting the user first
- Desire to learn and experiment with new technologies
- An effective communicator who can engage and debate with their team
- A quick learner and decision maker who can deliver on engineering challenges
- Ability to write high quality and maintainable code and own engineering initiatives
- 3+ years of professional experience as a full-stack engineer
- Extensive experience working with web applications
- Knowledge of at least one statically typed compiled language (preferably Golang)
- Experience with web technologies including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with AWS and relational database concepts
Nice to Have (Bonus)
- Experience with Big Data tools like Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with a variety of database concepts such as NoSQL, column-stores, and distributed databases.
What You'll Need
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communication skills to effectively communicate and understand complex ideas with other engineers
- Problem Solving: Stellar troubleshooting skills to operate and maintain software systems in production
- Design: Experience building, deploying, and operating high-scale web applications
- Agile: Ability to work effectively in an agile environment
- Results: A results-oriented mindset with the abilities to self-motivate and learn quickly