While working as the Sales Assistant, you will be tasked with fulfilling duties and performing tasks related to assisting the Sales Director and their team, assisting with administrative sales requirements, training support, calendar management and special projects. The person in this position assists with performing the operational functions of the department, ensuring that metrics are tracked and the sales team is actively represented in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all OST (Outside Sales Team) meetings, document Action Items, and disseminate follow-up requirements to attendees.
- Interface with Marketing to track projects and serve as initial OST point of contact for marketing project issues and clarification
- Coordinate trade show participation, logistics and specific OST requirements with SF's trade show lead.
- Track and report OST and Intern activity metrics on a daily basis (meetings, quotes, orders, invoices).
- Oversee or participate in daily details of the Intern program (briefings, trainings, processes, housekeeping), capture mileage, provide initial quality audit of Sales Jackets, and liaise between the Interns and CSR's for any issue resolution.
- Create virtual apparel and promo item presentations for sales reps to deliver to customers
- Prepare monthly commission reports for management's review
- Create and manage a sales sample library
- Print and disseminate all Task Reminders to all salespersons (CSR's, OST and Interns)
- Document and track networking event attendance, and participate as support when needed
- Organize memberships and subscriptions
- Generate weekly customer reports to include new customers, top customers, inactive customers, etc.
- Serve as Interns' on-site contact when they are in the field and needing to respond to clients on job statuses or other information
- Help OST and Interns to populate their LinkedIn profiles with relevant data
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required but, some prior experience or training in customer service or administration is necessary
Ability to read and interpret important documents, especially basic informational reports and email correspondence
Ability to speak effectively in front of co-workers, managers, and customers
Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
Mathematical operations applied to calculating simple costs is critical
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Performing this job successfully requires that an individual have a solid understanding of computers, data entry, the Microsoft Office suite and email applications
- Capable of setting up and operating office equipment such as an all-in-one copier
- Ability to write effective correspondence to customers and coworkers
- Ability to pass a background check
- Vision abilities required by this job include being able to see clearly at 20 inches or less, distinguish colors, and adjust focus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough marked by full detail and completion
- Displays a strong team-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills developing relationships with coworkers and customers
- Positive attitude
- Superb multitasking skills
- Concern for others
- Committed to company mission and values
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands
- While performing the duties of this job, one is regularly required to sit at a desk and answer phones and work on computer desktops. Occasionally, standing and walking to copiers, printers, and scanners is required. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to noise typical of an office environment such as printers, computers, and phones operating.
- Must be outgoing, respectful, energetic, trustworthy, confident, presentable, and highly motivated!
- Must be able to interface and effectively communicate with customers, sales staff and our inside production team.
- Must be able to market, advertise, and sell the value added services we have to offer.
- Must have a minimum of TWO years proven experience in the Customer Service field; Some Print industry knowledge and experience required.
Why work for Strategic Factory?
Competitive Salary Plan
Plenty of Room for Growth
Exciting Professional Environment
Exceptional Earning Potential and Good Benefits