Final Mile Services specializes in professional and cost effective final mile deliveries throughout the United States. With over 100 distribution centers nationwide and 1 million square feet of warehouse space, we are able to provide commercial, business to business and home delivery services. Our solutions range from jobs site deliveries for construction and remodeling projects to retail and home deliveries including appliances, furniture, mattresses and many other products. Our network is growing and we are flexible to fit every client’s need.
What does an Operations Management Trainee do?
As an Operations Management Trainee, we will provide you with more than just job shadowing experience. We will train and assign you tasks so that you become immediately immersed into the operation so that in 3-6 months you will be ready to step into a full leadership role at one of our Final Mile Warehouses. Many of our processes and work flows feed off each other and as a trainee you will get to see how your decisions have an impact on the business. You will have the ability to make decisions that will help you grow in your professional career. It will be fast paced and challenging, but we will be right there with you to offer guidance and support.
Here’s what your day will look like:
- Work with your customers to understand customer expectations in order to deliver value at the highest level. J.B. Hunt is committed to customers.
- Route and schedule deliveries. We are consistent and reliable.
- Lead a group of company driving employees and warehouse personnel to fulfill the needs of the customer and maximize productivity. Teamwork!
- Understand and monitor compliance with safety and DOT regulations. Safety is our top priority.
- Full management responsibility over all equipment and inventory in the warehouse. We are accountable.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any service related concerns with deliveries as the go to person. We value customer service.
What will you get in return, you ask?
- Base salary and bonus potential after completion of the training program. Bonus is based on overall performance and profitability of the assigned account.
- Experience working for one of the largest Final Mile Services Providers. With over 100 distribution centers nationwide that means more opportunities for you.
- Work for a large company, but still small enough to be on a first name basis with everyone
- Develop your leadership and management skills and gain customer knowledge and industry experience. The learning never stops.
- Promote from within culture. After a year to a year and half, you could be managing a Final Mile Warehouse with the support of J.B. Hunt right behind you. You’ll have the freedom to manage, set direction and lead a team.
So, do you have what it takes?
- Must be self driven and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to relocate within the region. That means, after training you will run the day to day operations with your team at an assigned location within the region.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during training. This isn't a 8-5 job, you're managing a business.
- College degree OR 3 years of supervisory experience OR Military Non Commissioned Officer, minimum E4