ZS's Business Consulting group partners with clients to design and deliver solutions to help them tackle a broad range of business challenges. Our teams work on multiple projects simultaneously, leveraging advanced data analytics and problem-solving techniques. Our recommendations and solutions are based on rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
DATA SCIENCE ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT
Data Science Associate Consultants (DSACs) design, develop and execute high-impact analytics solutions for large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions.
• Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner;
• Execute statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning and retrieval processes) on large data sets to identify trends, figures and other relevant information;
• Collaborate with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings;
• Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform;
• Participate in development of select assets/accelerators that create scale;
• Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication support;
• Guide and mentor Associates on teams.
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, and strong academic performance with analytic and quantitative coursework is required;
• In lieu of a PhD, 3-5 years of relevant post-collegiate work experience;
• Knowledge of big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
• Knowledge of programming (e.g. Java/Python/R);
• Exposure to tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop eco system and database systems);
• Agile project planning and project management skills;
• Relevant domain knowledge preferred; (healthcare/transportation/hi-tech/insurance);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset;
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills;
• High motivation, good work ethic and maturity.