ZS's Business Consulting group partners with clients to design and deliver solutions to help them tackle a broad range of business challenges. Our teams work on multiple projects simultaneously, leveraging advanced data analytics and problem-solving techniques. Our recommendations and solutions are based on rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
STRATEGY INSIGHTS & PLANNING ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT, HEALTH ECONOMICS AND OUTCOMES RESEARCH
We are seeking an Associate Consultant to join our Health Economics and Outcomes Research area in our Thousand Oaks, CA office. The person in this role will be responsible for delivery of work within the Health Economics and Outcomes Research strategy practice. Strategy Insights and Planning Associate Consultants leverage their analytic, synthesis and communication skills to derive insights and solve business problems. In particular, Associate Consultants apply problem-solving frameworks to client issues, support clients in change initiatives and employ standard analytic techniques to help guide client decisions.
- Leverage problem solving skills and frameworks to develop solutions to client business problems;
- Synthesize and communicate results to clients and ZS teams through oral and written presentations;
- Develop client relationships and serve as key point of contact on aspects of projects;
- Provide client and ZS teams project status updates;
- Create project deliverables and implement solutions;
- Advance problem solving skills and improve ZS's capabilities;
- Guide and mentor Associates on teams.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree with a concentration in healthcare, life sciences or related field;
- Strong preference for candidates with a degree specializing in any of the areas within health economics and outcomes research (HEOR);
- Minimum 3 years of relevant post-collegiate job experience. A PhD may substitute in lieu of work experience;
- Experience in any of the following HEOR content areas:
- Health Economics
- Competent analyst of health economic data, especially for informing payer decisions. Includes aiding in the development of analysis plans, basic data management, ability to aid in coding and execute analyses in an appropriate software package
- Experience working with cost-effectiveness/cost-utility models, budget impact models, or other commonly used health economic models, especially on the pursuit of data to support model parameters.
- Experience in the identification of appropriate health economic endpoints for clinical / medical affairs research, including literature search and fit-for-purpose reviews.
- Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs)
- Experienced in any aspect of the PRO development and/or validation process; preference for experience working on the development of PROs ultimately used for label claims;
- Experience in the identification of appropriate PRO endpoints for clinical / medical affairs research, including literature search and fit-for-purpose reviews.
- Competent at conducting literature searches for PRO development or gap analyses compared to FDA/EMA criteria, including providing client-ready reports and slides;
- Experience with patient portals and/or managing ePRO vendors during a research project requiring use of ePRO;
- Health Outcomes
- Experience in the set-up and/or execution of burden of illness studies, especially with a focus on the selection and analysis of outcomes.
- Experience in the set-up or execution of time and motion studies, especially with a focus on the development of the protocol, working with sites, and management of summary reports
- Experience in the set-up or execution of patient experience / comprehension studies, especially with a focus on the development of the protocol, conducting the patient interviews, and management of summary reports
- Value Communications
- Experience with management of a manuscript development, including identifying the key messages, conducting and integrating supporting literature searches, and integrating in writing from other authors
- Experience with the management of a large publication plan for the HEOR/Value story across several publications
- Experience with the development of HEOR related value documents, such as FDA/EMA submissions for PRO label claims, global value dossiers, HTA submission packages, and the like
- Have a publication history in PRO/HEOR of at least 2-3 manuscripts and/or conference presentations;
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative;
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, leading and managing effective teams;
- Strong oral and written communication skills that enable personal impact with senior-level decision makers;
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset;
- Analytic problem solving skills, with a creative and innovative outlook;
- Primary and secondary market research skills desired;
- Client service orientation.