The Fulfillment Supervisor is a key member of the fulfillment team and is responsible for driving associate engagement, productivity, quality, accuracy, and safety in a specific area (inbound, merchandise stocking, order picking, order sorting, or outbound/shipping) by providing leadership and day to day direction to a team of numerous hourly associates. The Fulfillment Supervisor is also responsible for close collaboration with peers in other departments to ensure all decisions/outcomes align with the overall site goals and objectives.
- Supervise associates (both Belk and contracted staffing) as they unload and process incoming freight, put away merchandise in warehouse locations, pick merchandise and consolidate orders, pack orders, or ship packages direct to consumers.
- Supervise secondary production functions associated with their currently assigned department, such as recycling, returns, return to vendor processes, make ready/audit functions, etc.
- Implement optimal staffing mix during assigned shift for applicable department(s) in partnership with management and the production/wave planning office
- Monitor conveyor/sorter system to ensure goods flow properly within the facility; communicate best practices for conveying goods to associates within department(s) of responsibility as well as upstream and downstream departments.
- Maintain accurate records of processed and put away merchandise, packages and shipments, gift packaging, tracking numbers, etc. as well as associate productivity. Prepare daily reports of these metrics for the management team and provide appropriate feedback to associates to support accountability and recognition.
- Maintain high quality and productivity standards in assigned department(s) by providing continuous direction, training, and motivation to hourly associates (up to 75% time spent on production floor).
- Coach and develop production leads in the day to day motivation and support of hourly order processors
- Present problem analysis of operational issues to the inbound/outbound manager on duty (such as dips in productivity) and recommend solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Be solution oriented and routinely make recommendations for continuous improvement within the site
- Exercise the autonomy to make operational decisions on the fly to keep the building plans on track and support the business
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies and communications
- In partnership with the Wave Planning area, plan and use independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives.
- Appropriately communicate with, follow up with, and support associates in a timely manner.
- Ability to leverage the various systems in the facility to generate reports, understand trends and potential road blocks, interpret any corrective measures needed and execute plans to achieve desired outcome
- Monitor hourly/daily reporting and escalate concerns when needed
- Must be able to learn, understand, and regularly execute tasks related to the various software programs used to run the facility. i.e. WMS, WCS, LMS, YMS, TMS, etc.
- Follow all established facility safety and security standards; set the example for, coach, and hold hourly associates accountable.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment; ensure all equipment is in working order and that associates have the tools they need to be effective.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- All employees are expected to comply with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Supervisor/Manager - Position that leads others; Aligns actions and plans to strategies; Supports a learning culture; Builds collaborative motivated teams; Develops team; Focuses on customers; and Focuses on results.
Decision Making Impact
- Assists the Inbound/Outbound Managers in supervising the flow of inbound and outbound operations.
- Routinely makes decisions that can directly impact internal and external customers, cost, accuracy, quality and safety
- Effective leadership of hourly associates drives fulfillment center efficiency and productivity.
- Direct coordination with peers to ensure building can run effectively and ship orders in a timely manner to our customers, without error.
Communication & Interaction
- Interacts with other internal departments within the fulfillment center
- Works closely with on-site temporary staffing manager to ensure proper staffing levels and a high degree of associate engagement, safety, quality, accuracy, and productivity within department and throughout the building.
- Provides assistance to temporary staffing associates in regards to proper policy/procedure
- Effectively translates communication between senior management and hourly associates and able to share the “why’s” behind decisions/direction in a compelling way
- Able to provide effective and valuable feedback to associates both in the way of recognition and coaching to provide them with actionable and attainable ways to improve performance
- Conflict resolution, coaching, corrective action, etc
- Scope of responsibility: Distribution Center
- Budget Responsibility: Up to $600,000 Payroll- Associates within department
- Direct Report Titles: Production Leads, Production Trainers, and Order Processors (depending on current assignment)
- Approximate number of FTE- Full Time Equivalent direct reports (30 standard hours or more per week): 10+
- People manager responsibilities, including, but not limited to: hiring decisions, performance management (appraisals/goals/corrective action/coaching/development), training, and/or scheduling. : Yes
Education, Training, and/or Certifications:
Years of experience, specific work or project experience, and industry experience (industry examples: Retail, Financial Services, Consulting, etc.
- 2 or more years of applicable experience
- Relevant education may be substituted for direct experience
- Specific work or project experience: Receiving, shipping, consolidation, assembly; supervising employees tasked with basic production/operational duties
- Industry experience: Manufacturing, Warehouse, Logistics, Parcel/Shipping, Retail
- 4 or more years of applicable experience
- Specific work or project experience: Receiving or inbound operations, scheduling, and budgeting; experience with PKMS/ Warehouse Management System, Wynsoft, and other direct-to-consumer industry standard software systems. Lean six sigma methodology, understanding of engineered standards.
- Industry experience: Retail Distribution, Ecommerce Fulfillment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective time management in order to meet dynamic goals and deadlines
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and understand policies/procedures and communicate them to employees
- Operate standard business equipment, including PC, phone, calculator, etc.
- Operate handheld scanner and associated equipment
- Operate specialized computer hardware and software including (but not limited to) Warehouse Management System, Item Database, Yard Management System, Labor Management system, etc.
- Ability to be certified in forklift, motorized pallet jack, and cardboard baler use
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, and move freely around the facility
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and understand English
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.