Zayo Group is looking for an Internal Audit Associate to be part of the growing Internal Audit function. The position reports to the Director of Internal Audit and is based in our Boulder or Denver, CO office. We are looking for someone who is a high-functioning team player with the ability to proactively identify areas of risk/process failure, build relationships with process owners, and perform hands-on, detailed audit work. The candidate should be extremely motivated, a self-starter, able to work independently, and looking for opportunities to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform walkthroughs of business process controls and test for design and operating effectiveness pursuant to our annual Sarbanes-Oxley 404 assessment process.
- Perform operational business reviews from initiation through to final resolution, identifying operational efficiencies, risk gaps, and value-added recommendations.
- Obtain, analyze, and document audit evidence, reports, data, and flowcharts.
- Assist in the performance of business process scoping, control rationalization, risk prioritization, and enterprise risk management.
- Independently manage assignments, develop value-add recommendations, and effectively communicate with team and stakeholders.
- Proactively follow-up, track, and close out identified audit findings, advise management on resolution of identified deficiencies.
- Work effectively with external consultants and external auditors.
- Audit, risk, or advisory experience at a public company preferred.
- BA/BS degree required, CPA or CIA designation preferred.
- Experience with auditing in technology / telecom industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on multiple projects simultaneously across different functional groups, with minimal day-to-day guidance.
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of professionalism, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to influence cross-functional collaboration and interact with various business leaders throughout the company globally.
- Thorough understanding of the COSO framework and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave