Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage a combination of our mature .NET stack, APIs, and front end frameworks to deliver many of the most utilized applications in the financial industry. Working in an agile methodology, we collaborate with small focused teams in order to continually drive customer value.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
- Translate customer requirements into technical solutions
- Design Internet-based software architectures that address aspects such as authentication, security, deployment, performance, caching, scalability, and service availability
- Collaborate with other Markit Digital Architects to define and document standards regarding implementation, performance, security etc.
- Use your passion for technology and interactions with cross-functional teams to drive ideas for new capabilities, products, or tools that improve our quality of service
- Educate implementation team members on high-level topics including industry standards, capabilities, and tools
- Assist in closing potential opportunities for new and existing customers by describing how our services, capabilities, and infrastructure can be used to meet customer needs
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Articulate technology to both business and technical users and be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal counterparts and prospect/client stakeholders throughout the sales and product development cycles
- Understand the business problem, be an effective communicator, and define a solution that hurdles many obstacles and utilizes proven technology
- Provide technical guidance and direction to development teams from project onset through completion
- Use a combination of written materials and in-person conversations to quickly become an expert in Markit Digital’s capabilities and product offerings
- Use your strong communication and presentation skills to clearly articulate technology concepts to either a technical or business audience
- Assist with functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs and contribute to solution pricing process via the creation of technical effort estimates
- Create supporting documentation and processes for new technology configurations and functionalities
- Collaborate with Architects and Technology Managers to define technology road maps depicting movement from current to future state
- Coordinate with other architects and technical subject matter experts to drive best practices and overall architectural consistency
- Work with application development teams to improve software development practices and align with enterprise technology direction
- Allocate time to remain informed of latest technologies and trends
- 8-10 years overall industry experience as an architect or developer producing SAAS solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with federated authentication/authorization systems - SAML, OAuth2, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile development methodologies and end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Experienced in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), API centric architecture, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) principles
- Proven experience translating business requirements into functioning architecture
- Proven experience collaborating with subject matter experts among various functional groups to develop best approach architectural plans
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to evaluate and solve complex problems in conventional and non-conventional ways
Where we're going
Hot on the heels of moving our service oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and Vue. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
Click the following link to apply: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/job.php?id=R11398