UWorld is seeking a remote Biology Content Developer to contribute to our web-based Advanced Placement® Question Bank. The AP® Biology Content Developer will work closely with an onsite team of content developers to create an exceptional AP preparation product. This is a great opportunity to partner with some of the brightest minds in education within a collaborative environment and continue to shape UWorld's success story.
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor's plus experience as an AP Biology Reader)
- One year of post graduate experience teaching college biology or AP biology course; Research experience in biology preferred
- 6 months of experience writing questions at the level of the AP Biology examination; experience as an AP Reader highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the AP Biology curriculum and blueprint concepts
- Proven ability to write high-quality AP Biology questions and their short rationales
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven capacity to execute conceptual ideas into a finished product
- Ability to work independently while operating within a dynamic team environment
- Aptitude for adapting quickly and collaborating effectively
- Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Proficient in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
Reports to the Product Manager and develops content for the online AP Biology Question Bank.
- Fully responsible for independent question development, planning, and execution based on directives from onsite Biology team
- Writes high-quality AP-style questions with brief, comprehensive rationales
- Generates content that reflects existing curriculum standards, up-to-date research, and standardized examination practices
- Receives and effectively adjusts content based on constructive feedback provided by onsite Biology team
- Collaborates with management and team members to ensure production goals are met within given deadlines
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.