UWorld is a global leader in test-prep materials that help students excel on high-stakes exams—including the Bar exam. Our content is created by passionate and gifted educators who are committed to developing materials of the highest quality—people who are masters in the art of teaching because they can make even the most difficult legal concepts easily digestible.
UWorld is seeking a full-time author with legal expertise to write comprehensive questions and explanations for the Bar exam. This is a long-term, ground-floor opportunity that will allow authors to participate in the entire life cycle of UWorld's Bar exam product—from planning and development to ongoing enhancements and future product development. Authors will work onsite in Dallas, Texas, to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in legal education and become a part of UWorld's ongoing success story. This position requires an unyielding commitment to excellence as a legal educator to develop innovative content that will help tomorrow's attorneys succeed at the highest levels.
- Innovative educator: You are a smart lawyer with a knack for breaking down legal concepts for clients, juries, or other laypersons. Legal research and analysis is your forte, so you know how to connect all the analytical dots. This position will allow you to create high-quality exam questions and comprehensive explanations that teach students how to think like a lawyer. You will also work with UWorld's illustration team to create original images that highlight important legal concepts.
- Writing whiz: You understand that clear and precise writing is necessary to achieve accurate, readable, and educational content. Your obsession over comma placement and aversion to passive voice shows that you are detail-oriented and can easily adopt UWorld's writing style.
- Self-starter: You are a disciplined and motivated professional who is eager to learn and knows how to take initiative. Your strong work ethic allows you to set and achieve high goals with minimal oversight. As a result, you can be counted on to get things done in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
- Upbeat collaborator: You are a positive person who appreciates a challenge and understands that collaboration is crucial to success. You can give constructive feedback that encourages others and helps them improve. But you can also receive feedback with tact and use it to grow. You can successfully work with lawyers, illustrators, and IT professionals to develop exceptional legal education materials.
- J.D. from a first-rate law school
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an attorney, or legal writer
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior writing skills with a strong grasp of grammar
- Proven ability to write high-quality Bar exam questions and explanations
- Proficiency in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
- Willingness to work onsite in Dallas, Texas
- Top 25% of graduating class
- Received top scores on the Bar exam (above 160 on MBE preferred)
- At least 2+ years of experience in legal education
- Journal or law review experience
- Compensation negotiable (contingent on experience)
- Insurance: medical, vision, dental, life, and disability
- 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year (including a winter break)
- 401K retirement plan with 4% employer matching
- Discretionary bonuses
- Health work-life balance
- An opportunity to join a team of loveable nerds
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.