UWorld is seeking a full-time, onsite Accounting / CPA Content Developer to help spearhead our entry into the Uniform CPA Examination test prep market. While working closely with a team of other content developers, editors, illustrators, and the web development team, the CPA Content Developer will be responsible for writing high-quality CPA exam questions and rationales. This is a newly created product, and the CPA Content Developer will play a major role in shaping UWorld’s success story by engaging in the CPA product's life cycle from planning and development to completion and maintenance.
UWorld is the worldwide leader in online test prep practice materials. Since 2003, over a million students have trusted us to help them prepare for their high-stakes examinations.
- Master’s degree in accounting or taxation, or MBA or JD with heavy accounting/finance/tax background
- 3 years of experience as a CPA or similar experience in a business or academic setting
- Subject matter expertise in accounting, finance, and/or taxation
- CPA certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the Uniform CPA Examination blueprint in relation to the following topic areas: Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), and Regulation (REG)
- Ability to write high-quality CPA exam questions and rationales
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and collaboratively
- Deep understanding of accounting and how to teach complex CPA concepts
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and motivation skills to successfully meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
New content production
- Plays a key role in project development, planning, and execution for UWorld Uniform CPA Examination question bank
- Creates content for testing materials for CPA question bank and participates in product development
- Applies knowledge that reflects the CPA blueprint and standardized exam practices for generation of question bank items
- Validates accuracy and relevance of content generated by CPA product team
- Works with other content experts to identify topics for new product development
Content revision and quality control
- Works closely with editing and illustration teams to create exceptional content that adheres to UWorld standards
- Responds quickly to user feedback and makes necessary edits to question bank content
- Works collaboratively with team members to provide and receive feedback tactfully
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility by independently completing projects/assignments on time, holding self and others accountable for meeting objectives, and adhering to standards
- Pursues opportunities for personal growth and development through meetings and educational programs
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.