Are you qualified and ready to join the PENTA family? PENTA is on the hunt for a Safety Manager to join the Los Angeles team. This ideal candidate will:
1. Attend any preconstruction meetings in which planning or discussion of safety processes will occur. This includes safety kick-off meetings, preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, pre-mobilization meetings, and OCIP meetings.
2. Review site drawings/plans for potential “high hazard” areas and other unique characteristics of the project. This includes parapet heights and subsequent fall protection issues, roof configurations for emergency access via lifts, baskets, etc. Predetermined tie-off points for elevated work surfaces, and engineered scaffolding or trenching areas.
3. Ensure that a comprehensive Job-Site Specific Safety Plan (JSSP) is developed and documented for each assigned project including assignment of site safety responsibilities/duties, conduct and document a Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs). Identifying/predicting specific training needs (Orientations, forklift, fall protection, HazCom, environmental, tools, etc.) Develop a comprehensive site-specific Emergency Action and Evacuation Plan. Provide input into safe lay-down areas and site access plans, and also provide input as to what signs and/or posters will be required and recommended for installation.
4. Review and monitor the project team’s documentation of safety violations, near-miss & incident reports, accident & injury reports, safety meetings, daily huddles, audits, fire extinguisher & first aid checklists, etc. Also review environmental issues such as SWPPP, Dust Control, BMP's, toilet facilities, etc.
5. Conduct accident investigations; ensure that proper forms are submitted on time. Review and monitor back-to-work policies & procedures for injured employees and supervision are following proper protocol.
6. Monitor and review inspection reports such as daily excavation and scaffolding reports, daily crane and equipment inspection logs, and call-before-you-dig permits.
7. Inspect field personnel for proper usage, application, condition and storage of safety equipment (safety glasses, hard hats, respirators, etc.)
For full description, see https://www.pentabldggroup.com/recruit.php
We trust you have the following qualifications: