The PENTA Building Group is continuing to grow its project portfolio and is looking for a Preconstruction Manager to join the team!
- The Preconstruction Manager must have excellent communication skills, and will be responsible for developing, and maintaining industry relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- They will be involved in planning, coordinating, and organizing information for estimates.
- Assist the Field Operations Manager in the development of the preconstruction project schedule and logistics plan as required
- Upon reviewing, analyzing and descoping the Subcontractor bids, follow through with bid results to all Subcontractors to finalize the budgeted number and add to the PENTA estimate
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of the subcontractor estimates and confirm that each estimate makes practical sense. Be able to explain any apparent incongruity in a bid.
- Conduct a final review of the estimate/budget/bid with the Director and VP of Preconstruction and incorporate all comments
- Specifically, the Preconstruction Manager participates in all preconstruction services including: estimating, scheduling, planning, bidding, and budgeting of projects.
This is a great opportunity to join the PENTA Team. As an employee focused company, PENTA offers a unique culture that is comfortable and fun to work in. In addition to the health and welfare benefits, we offer company sponsored events for employees and extensive training and development programs to help employees pursue their career goals.
For full job description, see https://www.pentabldggroup.com/recruit.php
- PENTA would require 3-5 years of experience in estimating.
- Familiarity with Windows based computer software applications and an ability to learn software applications quickly and easily
- Expert level familiarity with MS Excel and On-Screen Takeoff software
- Comfortable knowledge of AutoCAD, SureTrak, Prolog, and WinEst
- Ability to accommodate atypical work hour requirements
- Fluency in reading typical construction documents, plans, and specifications
- Competent understanding of construction scheduling and sequencing