- Assist with the set up of Viewpoint contract items with cost codes and budgets created by the Project Manager.
- Setup and maintain the project office file system according to PENTA standard procedures. Specific files include, but are not limited to:
- Owner contracts, Change Orders, Bonds, Insurance, etc.
- Subcontracts, Change Orders, Purchase Orders Bonds, Insurance, Union, etc.
- Subcontractor correspondence
- Owner correspondence
- Subcontractor and Owner billings
- Track Letters of Intent, Subcontractor Bonds and Bond Waivers, Insurance Certifications, Subcontracts and all other compliance items.
- Work with the Project Manager to review and understand the Accounting related items in the Owner contract, identify those accounting related PENTA contractual requirements and track the fulfillment of each specific requirement.
- If the project is enrolled in CCIP/OCIP insurance program work with the insurance representative to enroll all subcontractors into the programs.
- Verify that the subcontractor’s insurance and union information is complete and up to date prior to the subcontractor arriving on the job.
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation and distribution of all subcontracts, major purchase orders, and rental orders. Track the status of each contract from issuance to final execution.
- Upon direction from the Project Manager collect required subcontract exhibits and save in Viewpoint.
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation and distribution of all subcontract and owner change orders. Maintain an accurate and up to date status log of all change orders according to PENTA standard procedures.
- Prepare payment vouchers for approval by the Project Manager.
- Work with the Project Manager to determine the subcontractors that will be submitting pay applications for the month.
- On Lump Sum subcontracts, verify with the Project Manager that the submitted % of work completed is accurate
- On Cost-plus/GMP subcontracts verify that all backup has been submitted completely and accurately. Collect and verify:
- Time Journal
- Labor Rates
- Vendor invoices
- All tier subcontractor invoices
- Equipment lists
- Home office charges
Route and code vendor invoices for approval.
- Track preliminary notices according to PENTA standard procedures.
- Prepare owner billings and backup documentation for approval by the Project Manager.
- Cost-plus/GMP – generate owner billing reports and reconcile to job costs.
- Lump Sum – Generate AIA document and verify that billing amount covers job costs to date.
- Verify subs compliance before releasing subcontractor payments.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash account to submit to main office.
- Enter field personnel new hire information in Viewpoint notify payroll department when new hire information is completed.
- Manage/Update crew list in Mobile Field Manager.
- Transfer personnel information to main office accounting department in a timely manner
- Manage daily responsibilities and train the Assistant CA project receptionist if applicable
Project Close Out
- Generate, track, and file subcontract closeout letters.
- Communicate with all project team members to ensure that all issues involving a subcontractor are resolved prior to releasing final payment.
- Obtain and file final release forms for all tier subcontractors and verify against preliminary notice log.
- Obtain and file final consents of surety from all bonded subcontractors.
* Certain responsibilities may span multiple project phases. In such cases, the Contract Administrator is responsible for those activities throughout all relevant phases of the project.