The Behavioral Counselor works within the wraparound philosophy to support behavior strategies and provide 1:1 behavioral intervention and rehab services to participants with autism and other intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental health disorders. Behavioral Counselor will work with participants and caregivers in their residence or community; document services; collaborate with other social service, Regional Center, educational or mental health professionals; and actively participate in supervision. The Behavioral Counselor is active in supporting and implementing wraparound philosophy and its individualized, strengths-based, culturally responsive, family-centered approach to behavioral, evidence-based intervention.
- B.A. Degree or five (5) years’ experience in a mental health related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of the developmental milestones of children, youth, or young adults.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, triage and organize work.
- Theoretical understanding or experience in behavioral approaches to treatment.
- Experience with or knowledge of designing, supervising, monitoring, changing, and discontinuing individualized behavioral interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize de-escalation techniques that align with the trauma informed care model as part of intervention strategy for working with participants in crisis who are responding to triggers/stressors and/or demonstrating early indicators of distress.
- Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse families and communities.
- Clean driving record; current CA Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 10 days after hire.
- Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis experience.
- Fluency in prevailing language(s) of the community.
- Experience with ASD and/or intellectually disabled population.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options).
- Employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care).
- 8 Paid holidays.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off