The Senior Business Analyst liaises with key stakeholders and users to understand their needs and translate these into requirements that can be used to develop technology solutions. Builds, demonstrates, and maintains a detailed knowledge of the business functions, processes, and controls relevant to assigned projects. Contributes to assigned efforts following the Systems Development Life Cycle (Agile and/or Waterfall) including project definition/request, input into business cost and benefits preparation, requirements definition, review of design documents, user training, test planning, and review. Provides input into pilot, rollout, project closure tasks, defect triage, and ongoing production support.
• Business Analysis: Initiates research and analysis of assigned business area and functions both within the company and across the retail industry
• Ensures analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies and prioritizes options for consideration
• Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, in defining acceptance tests, and validating results
• Requirements Definition & Management: Works with stakeholders to define scope and business priorities for small-scale changes, and assists in larger scale scoping exercises
• Elicits and documents functional requirements, ensuring requirements are concise, complete, specific, prioritized, and unambiguous, and that they are aligned to the strategic and tactical goals of the project and the business
• Combines all requirements into clear and prioritized groupings
• Maintains requirements to allow design/delivery to commence on time and on budget
• Manages the scope of requirements back to the source throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that they are understood by the project team and met by the delivered solution
• Works with the QE team to provide requirements input into the test strategy, test plans, and acceptance criteria to ensure solution meets traceable business requirements
• Facilitates and develops the UAT planning and testing process with business users and IT service providers
• Process Modelling: Discovers and documents as-is processes by applying standard modelling techniques
• Designs and models to-be processes, performing gap analysis and identifying areas for improvement
• Obtains agreement and approval on to-be processes (e.g. facilitates review sessions) and gains resolution to issues
• Project Initiation & Support: Assists with the production of the business case, in particular ensuring benefits align to strategic and tactical business objectives
• Assists with feasibility assessments (business, technical and financial)
• Assists with documenting business needs and providing input to relative priority and benefits
• Understands all facets of, and serves as, a SME for business operations and industry practices in assigned areas
• Provides estimates to the Project Manager for Business Analyst tasks, and user related tasks
• Assists the Project Manager in identifying and managing risks, issues, and dependencies
• Assists the team in resolving any questions related to requirements or process
• Supports the vendor/hardware/software selection process by providing input into the RFI and RFP and assisting in the assessment of responses against requirements
• Complies with and demonstrates a sound knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology for assigned projects and tasks
• Supports the Project Manager in post-implementation reviews and incorporating lessons learned into future work
• Builds use cases in conjunction with business stakeholders
• Change Implementation Planning & Management (where required): Advises the user community in the provision of change planning, transition and communication support, liaising with the project team
• Provides input into the business readiness plan with regard to upcoming changes
• Assists with the monitoring and reporting of progress on business readiness targets, business engagement activity, training design and deployment activities, key operational metrics, and return to system performance measures
• Assists the project team with building tasks, sequencing, checkpoints and change parameters related to technology implementation
• Identifies risks associated with various steps and procedures during technology implementation plans
• Benefits Management: Assists with identifying specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time
• Assists with monitoring benefits against what was predicted in the business case
• Business Analysis: Ability to: Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
• Complete the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identify recommended options for consideration
• Work iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests
• Provide ongoing SME knowledge to support daily business needs and issue resolution
• Requirements Definition & Management: Ability to: Work with stakeholders to define scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and assist in larger scale scoping exercises
• Elicit and discover requirements, selecting appropriate techniques to detail requirements
• Specify and document business requirements, ensuring traceability back to source
• Analyze requirements for adherence to business objectives, and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate
• Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements
• Process Modelling: Ability to: Model current business process and ideal state as directed
• Select appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives
• Gain agreement from subject matter experts to models produced
• Review resulting models with stakeholders and gain resolution to resultant issues
• Relationship Management: Ability to: Identify the needs of each stakeholder group
• Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders
• Change Implementation Planning & Management: Ability to: Support the creation of the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities), and any business activities required to integrate new capabilities into the "business as usual" environment
• Organization Design & Implementation: Ability to: Support business impact assessment to identify how the changes from the "as-is" processes, systems, and structures to the "to-be" processes, systems, and structures impact specific organizations and roles
• Benefits Management: Ability to: Identify specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plan to activate these mechanisms at the required time.
• Domain specific knowledge : - e.g. eCommerce, Logistics, Store Operations, HR, Finance, etc.)
· Experience in eCommerce landscape in a huge plus point.
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level :
Minimum Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management
• Experience with systems development methodologies
• Experience as a Business Analyst or commensurate business experience
• Experience with user-centered design methodologies
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field strongly preferred
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint) and system documentation tools.
· Good understanding of eCommerce (B2C) landscape.
· Knowledge of Agile Methodology and its associated tools like JIRA, confluence, etc.
· Understanding of Sprint planning and running daily standups.
· Lead BA should be able to execute scrum master role.
· Understanding of Microsoft xl macros.
· Solid understanding of SQL queries.
Accessibility Guidelines: Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the "Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train, promote and retain associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.