Roush Ford is a 100% employee owned company and Top Rated Auto Dealership in Hilliard, Ohio. We take pride in providing our customers the finest customer experience in all departments of our dealership. Roush Ford is a Multiple Top Workplace award recipient!
- Company paid Short Term Disability Pay
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Insurance Benefits include: Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Aflac, Legal and Identity Theft Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Promote from within company
- Pay based on experience
As an Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you must be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and must be a persistent problem solver. We are determined to grow our employees to their full potential. Factory training is provided to qualified candidates on an availability basis. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as a Quality Automotive Technician:
- Automotive technicians perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or manufacturer standards.
- Automotive technicians provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Automotive technicians explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new and used vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
Take your career further – apply to be an automotive technician on our automotive service team today!
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an automotive technician (automotive mechanic)
- ASE certifications and/or manufacturer training required
- Hold a valid driver’s license with less than 4 points
- Submit to a drug screening and background check
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- High CSI is a must
- Ford experience a plus
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Ability to diagnose noise concerns accurately and effectively.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.