The Manufacturing Technician will provide technical support in the areas of manufacturing processes, process documentation, manufacturing engineering, systems, procedures, equipment, tooling, and facilities. Additional responsibilties will include:
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing required PPE.
- Provide technical support, direction and follow-up in the areas of machine setup and troubleshooting, and programming, editing, and testing of new or existing machine operating systems.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to analyze manufacturing difficulties to determine root cause and define corrective actions in support of on-going operational activities.
- Responsible for the training and development of other manufacturing staff members, sufficient to meet established manufacturing standards.
- Provide leadership, direction, technical support, and assistance to other manufacturing staff members.
- Provide technical support in the design, documentation, and implementation of manufacturing processes for operating facilities as required to improve process capability, reliability, consistency, and throughout.
- Participate in the documentation of manufacturing processes and setups. This includes the use of the current process and the implementation of new processes and applications dedicated to the management of these documents.
- Produce accurate and complete engineering drawings using CAD or alternate methods as directed.
- Assist in the implementation of World-Class Principles (i.e.: T.Q.M., Kanban, Demand Flow, and Cellular Manufacturing) to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years related work experience or equivalent.
- Must possess advanced mechanical aptitude in a systems driven manufacturing environment.
- Must possess basic knowledge of tooling design methods and machine tool programming.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understand trigonometry.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and CAD software.
- Ability to comprehend written (English) sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.