As a Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing manufacturing activities to meet customer requirements while meeting established performance goals. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing required PPE, and attending periodic safety training; ensure employees work safely and follow all applicable Company and OSHA safety procedures and standards.
- Motivate and lead Manufacturing Team Members: provide coaching and development opportunities; monitor success through documented periodic work performance evaluations. Enact disciplinary action, as required.
- Participate in teamwork: work with the Materials Manager and Quality Control staff to improve productivity and quality standards in order to meet customer requirements; work with Manufacturing Technicians and Maintenance Team Members to analyze tool and machine problems, identify root cause(s), and implement corrective solution(s).
- Conduct training for Manufacturing Team Members: set-up and operation of equipment, manufacturing processes, plant regulations, safety and other job-related procedures; provide quarterly evaluation based on job performance.
- Coordinate departmental activities, schedule work, assign machines to meet manufacturing schedules, and take positive action to increase overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), achieve task time, and reduce lead time.
- Work in partnership with Operations team and Lean Business Systems group to establish Key Process Indicators, lean initiatives, project time lines, and other measurable goals that ensure success for all manufacturing processes; monitor and update output reports.
- Work in partnership with Supply Chain Management group to maintain required manufacturing supplies and services; complete purchase requisitions as necessary.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and neat in accordance with the Company’s 5S standards.
- Comprehend and follow Company policies and procedures by reading and following the guidelines outlined in the Employee Handbook and internal communication posts.
- Perform special assignments and/or duties, as required.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience preferably in a manufacturing environment, a Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited college or university preferred. Candidates must also have:
- Working knowledge of Lean tools (5S, Kaizen, etc.).
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with people, projects, and issues.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills; Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DEQ, and EPA regulations.
- Knowledge of quality system (e.g. ISO, QS, TS Standards).
- Willingness to become First Responder certified.
- Effective computer skills necessary, with ability to use Microsoft products.
- Excellent oral and written communication and facilitation.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.