As a District Sales Manager, you will be responsible for territory plans and activities leading to achievement of all sales quotas as assigned, all sales, and field oriented customer service activities within the respective territory and assigned channels of distribution. Additional responsibilities will include:
1. Increase territory sales volume and exceed all quotas for new products and promotions.
2. Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all distributors in his/her territory. Participate in regular updates to these key management personnel.
3. Participate in annual, quarterly and monthly planning with the top 25 national accounts and marketing group accounts. Set objectives as well as reviews with distributors and the Regional Sales Manager.
4. Maintain and update distributor displays, adding new products, additional SKU’s and re‐balancing inventory when necessary. Must keep displays full, clean and neat. Before and after pictures to be submitted to RM.
5. Educational Calls: Participates in personal calls to all Vo‐Tech and educational facilities in his/her territory to promote sales through local distributors via class presentations, award dinners, and other tasks as necessary to increase brand awareness and preference to the trades. Solicits IBEW/NJATC locations on a regular basis and ensures Klein Tools peg boards are on display.
6. Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all key end users in his/her territory. Make end user calls to job sites in respective territory.
7. Continually prospect for new customers and channels of distribution adding distributors and stocking locations where necessary to increase territory sales. Keep a current listing all of prospective new accounts.
8. Complete and submit all reports on time. This includes the Marketing Intelligence Report, expense reports, as well as additional reports that are required by the Regional Manger. Maintain current and accurate records as required, updating Customer Relationship Management ﴾CRM﴿ sales software on a daily basis. Ensure that all company property is accounted for and maintained properly and all company policies, procedures, programs and promotions are implemented.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have four years of sales experience with distributors in the electrical, hardware, industrial or construction markets with a proven track record of continued sales growth and success.
Associates Degree is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Must have versatility and flexibility in adjusting to changing business needs and priorities, and strong
communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Ideal candidates will be located within the Columbus, OH area. This position will require 50% overnight travel.
Must be physically able to perform all physical duties associated with this position, driving long distances, lifting, and demonstrating products. Must be bondable, and possesses a valid driver’s license at all times.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.