The Software Engineer is responsible for programming and software development tasks to support and enhance the ARCOS SaaS application, working independently or on a team, and serving as a leader and key technical resource within the department. The Engineer will work on multiple projects, providing timely updates to Engineering management on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the technical design and performance of Software Development, utilizing the design principles of the software application.
- Responsible for the programming, coding, development and maintenance of application systems.
- Serve as a lead on the development team that sets the technical direction and assists the company in focusing on the roadmap.
- Be a driving force in the development of new product development.
- Responsible for the planning, administration and management of all software development activities.
- Consulting for the deployment and real-time performance and monitoring of the applications software and associated systems.
- Responsible for conducting design reviews, code walkthroughs, code documentation and design specifications.
- Technical leader for the design and development of customer change requests and the software product roadmap. This includes liaising with third-party application vendors as appropriate.
- Providing leadership and sense of urgency to the product development team to maximize the effectiveness of the software development cycle.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Experience in HTML5 and CSS desired.
- Experience in Webforms is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding user experience and design principles.
- Demonstrated experience with responsive design for multiple form factors.
- Basic experience with AJAX and asynchronous calls.
- Basic experience scripting and working in Microsoft or Unix environments.
- Basic experience with code versioning tools required such as GIT or Subversion.
- Basic experience in .NET web application development utilizing c# desired.
- Basic experience with MSSQL databases desired.